A break from the seriousness of this Tumblr for a second. This was just too funny not to share.
Take a look at Tom’s list and if you don’t do the things listed, you might want to reconsider things.
1. You should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.
2. A gentleman today has to work. People who do not work are so boring and are usually bored. You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged and you have to be contributing to the world.
3. Manners are very important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. I always open doors for women, I carry their coat, I make sure that they’re walking on the inside of the street. Stand up when people arrive at and leave the dinner table.
4. Don’t be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background.
5. A man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in the city are never appropriate. Shorts should only be worn on the tennis court or on the beach.
Applicable to women as well.
Natalie Portman - Black Swan New York Premiere, November 30th 2010
The ruby on her finger matches the colour of her lips and nails. Mmmmm.
Natalie Portman, holding a Lolita book purse from Olympia le Tan. The day has finally come when books are used as accessories.
I want that purse.